People that are injured because of someone else’s negligence may be entitled to compensation. A personal injury attorney can help you negotiate a settlement outside of a courtroom or represent your case at trial. Retaining an attorney early in your case can ensure that you are well within your statutory time limits for filing a claim.
Anyone who has endured injury or contracted a disease/illness because of the negligence of another person is entitled to make a personal injury claim.
You need to contact a law firm with great experience in handling personal injury claims. A lawyer will help you to negotiate for the compensation for the injury you endured due to the negligence of another person.
For many years, David H. Kaplan has been a trusted New Jersey Personal injury lawyer that ensures adequate compensation for the injuries his clients endure.
The following are some common types of personal injury claims:
A personal injury trial is the process by which the plaintiff (injured party) and the defendant (negligent party) and their respective attorneys can decide on a fair compensation agreement. By this point in a personal injury case both parties and their counsel will have completed extensive research into injuries and circumstances.
Steps involved in the personal injury trial include:
- File a claim in civil court
- Notify the defendant of a suit against them
- Opening statement from the plaintiffs attorney and the defense attorney
- The evidence from the plaintiffs lawyer is presented
- The evidence from the defendant lawyer is then presented
- Closing arguments by both the defendant and plaintiffs lawyers
- The verdict is then given